Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Stupid man tricks

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"Bob F" wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:

-snip-
Well, that idea is going to be a hard sell. She won't even let me
cut the tree down until a new one is sitting there ready to plant.
This could be more of a challenge than pulling a tree down by car. .
.. and more dangerous than the Ammonium nitrates and fuel oil
thoughts. But it has been done, and you could join the ranks of the
amazing if you can get SWMBO to change her mind.

Don't go at it head on. Has she picked out a tree? what is she
looking for in a tree? shade? looks? berries?
She wants another birch. (That one was dead when we bought the house a
year ago, so I don't know what killed it.) But we both like Japanese
maples, too.

If one birch died there, will another?

Maybe. The house was vacant for over two years (we bought it as an REO)
so it may have died from lack of water.

After a tree is a few years old it shouldn't require any water besides
rain. If it does, it's the wrong tree in the wrong place.