Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default OT - Got Milk? Drink it. / Got Nothing to Do? Join an HOA

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

mm wrote:

He should have looked into the rules of the property he was moving to,
before he moved. But he probably never imagined they had such a rule.

I got a new neighbor a month ago, and like all the rest, she didn't
bother to talk to me before she bought the house. I could have been
an axe murderer for all she knew. The people on her other side really
are annoying.

Heh! I found a swell house to buy, last one on a dead-end street. High
fence - with a few holes -separated it from an adjoining apartment complex.
As we were driving away from the initial inspection, I saw a police car
slowly driving down the street. I held out my hand to stop the officer. He
stopped, window to window.

I told him I was thinking about buying the house at the end of the block and
asked if he could tell me anything about the neighborhood.

"I certainly can't advise you on whether to buy that house," he said. "But I
can tell you that apartment house next door is full of thieves and
murderers. Between calls I cruise the parking lot entering license plates in
my computer. I get hits on an average of three stolen cars a week. Sometimes
I find them in the driveway at that house at the end of the block... the one
with the "For Sale" sign (!). The night shift makes probably three calls a
week over there for shootings, stabbings, fights, and so forth."

Gulp!

I bought a different house.

Sissy. Charles Bronson would've bought it and cleaned up the 'hood.