Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Stupid man tricks

In article ,
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

wrote:

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 13:38:01 -0500, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

-snip-
Very unreliable- especially that close to the house. I'd probably
give them a try-- but I'd look in the basement and locate all
utilities before trusting them.

Jim

The roots have no doubt already located any utilities for him. Bear in
mind that the root system of that tree probably goes all the way
across the house under the foundation. Doesn't really matter where the
utilies are. This tree is likely involved.

I disagree- but I hope Smitty reports when the job is done. I'd wager
the roots don't travel much more than 4-5 feet from the tree. And
they certainly wouldn't travel under the foundation. I predict 2
feet deep, max. [Do we know where this house is? I'm judging by
New York birches.]

Jim

San Joaquin Valley (central california.) And I'll definitely post a
follow-up on this whenever I get to actually doing something, even it's
calling a professional.