Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Stupid man tricks

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 21:17:56 -0500, clare wrote:
We've got *lots* of birch on our property, and there's always a few
falling down and more new ones growing in their place. No idea if bugs get
to them, or if woodpeckers, deer etc. do, or if it's soil conditions, or
if it's just "their time".

Google Emerald Birch Borer.

Could be... but we get lots of deer wandering through the yard, and I've
seen several woodpeckers attacking the birches so know they definitely do
*some* damage. I just let nature run its course though (although I'm a bit
more protective over the Oaks) - I'll get a new wood furnace at some point
and anything that comes down can go on the wood pile (I think Birch is
supposed to be "somewhere in the middle" when it comes to useful wood for
burning)

cheers

Jules