Swingman

Default Got my Home Depot Gift Card

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
"Swingman" writes:
It sure looked like junk mail, but the baby's safe... arrived this
afternoon.

Now, for a couple more Bessey's ... and for all practical purposes,

_free_.

Not really. You'll need to amortize them across the other purchase
you made to qualify for the free gift card. If you bought (4) $30 clamps
to get the $40 gift card, you really got 5 clamps for $120 rather
than 4 clamps for $120. (so each clamp cost $24 rather than $30);
basically you got a 20% discount. YMMV. All numbers for
illustrative purposes only.

Yes really. I don't need to "amortize" anything. Besides, you can't really
mean "amortize" in the accepted definition of the term.

I look at it this way: I was in the market for two pairs of Bessey clamps. I
bought them at a retail price that was a fair and reasonable exchange of
cash for equivalent goods. The original transaction ended there. Yes, there
was an added incentive to make the original purchase, but the original
purchase was equally valid, with or without the added incentive.

By choosing to exercise the incentive, I now have the option of picking up
two more clamps at NO additional cost. That is for all practical purposes,
as I stated in my original message, another term for "free".

One thing is for sure, no matter whether you insist on "averaging the cost"
of your purchases (not "amortizing") or not, it still made for a good deal
if you're in the market for adding to your Bessey clamp arsenal.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03