Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] adrian@cam.cornell.edu is offline

Default drawer slide adjustment

On Dec 4, 7:59*am, Morris Dovey wrote:
wrote:
ps. *Morris, How did those silverware trays come out in the end? * I
never did hear the end of it.

They came out fairly well. I had some photos on my web site for a while
to show the joinery and clamping. There is still one page with photos
showing the jig used for cutting the angled tenons on the diagonal
divider blanks at

* *http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/Bevel/

(After the tenons were cut, 1/4" was trimmed from top and bottom of each
divider)

It was an interesting challenge to make the boxes dead-on square with
invisible glue lines at the ends of diagonal dividers.

Heh. My version doesn't have glue lines, but glue rectangles (or
maybe they are triangles?) at the ends of the dividers. Clearly I
had a tolerance problem. I don't think any of the (non woodworkers)
I've shown it to have ever noticed on this feature of the project,
though.

The customer was happy.

Well that's good.