Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default JST-SM connectors, m/c wire and Farnell

On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 15:09:28 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On similar lines I need a couple of meters of (min) 5 core, thin
(~1-3A?) stranded, (ideally) black sheathed cable (it needs to run
through the eyelets of a cycle downtube so be about the size of a std
brake cable outer). It could come from a supplier in a cut length or
be a cheap made-up lead where I could cut the ends off etc (a USB
cable or somesuch)?

Alarm cable - comes in 4, 6, 8 cores etc and cheap because it's common.
It's rather like telephone cable but stranded rather than solid core.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ble/index.html

You might have to search to find it in black, though.

Cheers.

If you only want a couple of metres of white, send me a SAE and I'll give
you some.

You are kind (thanks again).

I have just stumbled on a black Cat5 patch cable. I might nip and end
off and confirm that it is stranded and if so it should do, at least
to get us going for now.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Was it you who mentioned the Farnell happy hour (or whatever it
was) when they did free postage or no minimum order etc?