Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stupid man tricks

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 14:51:30 -0600, Jules
wrote:

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 10:12:31 -0800, Bob F wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:

-snip-
Well, that idea is going to be a hard sell. She won't even let me
cut the tree down until a new one is sitting there ready to plant.

This could be more of a challenge than pulling a tree down by car. .
.. and more dangerous than the Ammonium nitrates and fuel oil
thoughts. But it has been done, and you could join the ranks of the
amazing if you can get SWMBO to change her mind.

Don't go at it head on. Has she picked out a tree? what is she
looking for in a tree? shade? looks? berries?

She wants another birch. (That one was dead when we bought the house a
year ago, so I don't know what killed it.) But we both like Japanese
maples, too.

If one birch died there, will another?

We've got *lots* of birch on our property, and there's always a few
falling down and more new ones growing in their place. No idea if bugs get
to them, or if woodpeckers, deer etc. do, or if it's soil conditions, or
if it's just "their time".

We've got one that leans at about a 45 degree angle, and I don't know how
it manages to survive every storm...

cheers

Jules

Google Emerald Birch Borer.