Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default dark halls at work

That does look like a good choice, a lot of light for the
buck.

My constant pocket carry is this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Fenix-P2D-Leve.../dp/B001GAOOH8

$52 for a flashlight might seem like a lot, but mine owes me
nothing.
I've had it in my pocket constantly for at least 3 years.

CY: Glad you got your use out of it.

I like it because it's so small and because it has several
levels of
brightness/battery life.

CY: The several levels must be useful.

Min brightness is still quite sufficient for
most tasks like walking in the dark, reading a map, looking
for a
small part dropped on the shop floor, or seeing the
graduations to set
the compound angle on my lathe.

CY: I can imagine that being good, for close up.

Max brightness is sufficient for
reading housenumbers from the street, finding the dock at
night, or
seeing what made that loud noise. I use it several times
every day.

CY: Havn't kept track, but I'm sure I use my mini mag a
couple times a day.

A battery typically lasts a couple of months. Brightness at
any level
is constant throughout the life of the battery. I buy
CR123
batteries by the dozen so they're not significantly more
expensive
than a pair of AA's -- and at 6 or so per year it's not an
issue.

CY: Sounds like you get your value out of the slight extra
cost.

I would find the length of a 2AA light to be onerous to
carry
routinely.

CY: Doesn't bother me, actually. But people have different
needs.