Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Chain saw questions

Van Chocstraw wrote:
On 12/02/2009 06:12 PM, Bob F wrote:
Van Chocstraw wrote:
On 12/02/2009 04:42 PM, Steve B wrote:
My friend has come by a big roll of chain saw chain, a breaker, and
maybe even a sharpener.

Is this similar to a motorcycle chain breaker that uses a screw to
force the pin out, or does one use a punch?

Is there a master link on a chainsaw chain, or does one put the pin
in and squeeze it/hit it to mushroom the ends?

Steve

You usually never mess with links on a chain saw. You buy the
correct size.

Unless you have a big roll of chain saw chain handy. Then you'd be
stupid to do otherwise.

That would be like making a special trip to buy a 10 foot rope when
you have a 1000 foot roll on the shelf.

Did you ever see a roll of saw chain?

No. I haven't been so lucky. But the O.P. has.