Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] adrian@cam.cornell.edu is offline

Default drawer slide adjustment

On Dec 2, 7:28*pm, "Mike Marlow" wrote:
wrote in message

And no matter how much people talk about "equal" and refuse to
acknowledge that there' s a tolerance, there's really still an
underlying tolerance determined by your measurement process, or
whatnot. * Just like you can't measure (as noted by Tom Watson),
there's also no such thing as "equal". * I think I've gotten a good
answer from people's posts despite their aversion to the word
"tolerance".

You missed the points explained to you Adrian. *Nobody has any aversion to
the word tolerance, nor does anyone refuse to acknowledge it. *You are
reading things into what people wrote that simply were not there. *Just read
what people wrote and don't try to put words in their mouths that they
didn't speak.

When people say "just make it the same" then they aren't acknowledging
the existence of a tolerance. My problem I think is more the reverse
of what you indicate: I'm having trouble reading the right things
into what some people have said, trouble giving the proper
interpretation to the unsaid parts.
(If I recall correctly you actually did post a tolerance, but many
people seem to be in the "just make it the same" camp.)