Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Isolating neutral bus from ground bus

In article , stryped wrote:
My detached garage has the two grounding busses. (The one this sub
panel will feed.).

Post another photo. My recollection from the previous discussion a couple
months back is that the photo you posted then showed two _neutral_ busses and
one grounding bus, and you were confused about which was which -- you thought
one of the neutral busses was the grounding bus, and you had no idea what the
actual grounding bus was for.

I think you're still confused.

There are only two items hooked to this sub panel and they dont have a
neutral. One to a 50 amp breaker for my upstairs 1 ton unit and one 20
amp breaker to my outside unit. (This is my small heat pump for a
bonus room), Black wire to breaker, white wire to breaker, and ground.
That is it.

OK, so it's not a problem in your branch circuit wiring. What about all the
*other* things I told you to check? (reproduced below)

- Have you confused the neutral and ground busses?

- Is there a jumper connecting the two busses?

- Is there a second bonding screw? I seem to recall from earlier discussions
that your panel has two neutral busses. If they're bonded together, and to
the box, and you removed only one bonding screw, well...