Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default Bought too much paint

"Ed Mc" wrote in message
I purchased a 5gal. bucket of Valspar Duramax exterior paint. I can't
return it because it was color tinted. I wasn't able to sell it when the
weather was nice. Now that the weather has gone to the dogs I'm afraid I'm
stuck with it, hence my question. How long will the paint remain usable if
it just sits in the garage, exposed to the cold temperatures that come
with winter? Thanks for any knowledge.

I tried using some paint which the previous owner of my home left in the
garage for 3 winters and it behaved oddly. Why do you need to store your
leftover paint in the garage?

On the other hand, I have 5-6 year old paint which have been stored indoors,
and they work as well as the day I bought them.