Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tom Dougall Tom Dougall is offline

Default Axminster Chuck With Odonnel Jaws - For turning small boxes

I have the Axminster with O'Donnel jaws. Works great and when I use it for
bowls it is the most accurate chuck for reverse chucking for hollowing I
have ever used. We use one in our turning club and nearly all the
demonstrators remark on its accuracy. Works just as well on small boxes and
makes it easy to get at the back because of the long jaws.

Tom

"John Gbur" wrote in message
I was looking for a good chuck to do small boxes (1 - 2 inch tennon). Some
of the chucks I had seen recommended aren't around anymore. I like the
idea of longer jaws that extend the box away from the chuck for easier
access. Does anyone have experience with the Axminster chuck with Odonnel
Jaws? Another strong candidate was the vicmarc 100 with the long jaws that
look similar to Odonnel Jaws. Anyone have any experience with the Vicmarc
100 with the Long jaws? Thanks.