Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Should I move to Idaho?

"PinstripeSniper" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Screw the machine guns. We could stop it without a shot. Just start
throwing their employers in jail. The traffic to Mexico would start
piling up
within a month.

Good luck with it. As you probably know, here there are too many
politically
connected, moneyed interests for having cheap labor that doesn't complain
about violation of labor laws. They'll kill anything that looks like it
will
work, and it's been that way for decades.

I remember about 20 years ago when a bunch of prospective US
government appointees were getting shamed during screening for having
hired illegals/paying them under the table. I dunno what happened to
them beyond the shame, not getting the job and paying a fine.

I imagine many others in their demographic privately clucked
sympathetically and though "there but for the grace of...go I..."

This tells me actual jail time would be a real deterent. Of course
there would be a suitable grace period for any current offenders to
cease and desist.

I agree on all counts.

--
Ed Huntress