Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tom_sawyer70@yahoo.com is offline

Default Water and house exterior

We live in a tri-level house that has a apparently has a crack or
issue somewhere in the front of the house. When we get an inch or
more rain in a 24 hour period, we get water build up somewhere between
the cinder block foundation and our first level of floor (which is 3-4
feet below the earth surface) and I have to basically shop-vac through
the hole between our plaster wall on top of the cinderblock and get
the water out before it rises to the point that it soaks the carpet
and pad.

I need to have someone inspect the issue to fix it, but wanted to ask
for infomation, tips or recommendations for when I call.

Are there things to look for in a professional (certifications?.),
warranties to ask about, ways in which they might do the job that
might be better than others, etc.?

Thanks in advance,
Dave