Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default RugDoctor any experiences, or recommendations for other carpet cleaners?

Dave wrote:
Tim W wrote:

wibbled on Wednesday 02 December 2009 22:02

We're thinking of hiring a RugDoctor to clean some of our carpets.
This is to get them from filthy to acceptable rather than trying to
get them looking pristine.

So, does the RugDoctor do a good job in general.

IME absolutely - I've used it several times. Haven't used anything better
that can be easily hired.

Alternatively would
we do better (or as well) if we bought a Bissell or Vax carpet cleaner
(probably going for one of the Which recommended ones)?

Vax is OK, but it will not clean like a Rugdoctor - the latter has an
extremely viscious scrubber bar which does most of the work.

Any/all experiences would be useful to hear.

Get the official cleaner fluid (obviously) and some spot treatment for any
yuk bits.

You may have to make a couple of passes if the carpets are really yuk but it
will certainly pull crap out. You may wish to factor this in and buy extra
detergent or at least be ready to nip back to the hire place and get more if
needed.

I couldn't agree more.

Thanks all, very useful.

--