Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default antenna trimming?

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 10:11:04 -0500, Meat Plow
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 23:15:32 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 14:12:18 -0800, David Brodbeck
wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
RG/62, 93 ohm coax. The same as what IBM used for their early
computer networks.

I've got some 93 ohm coax lying around from when I used some to make a
matching section. Never knew what the original application was for it.
Very interesting.

RG-62/u was used for Arcnet networking,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcnet
and IBM 3270 terminal systems:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3270

Ahh, I love the smell of LANtastic over RG62A/U and TCNS in the
morning.

You might want to ease up on whatever you're sniffing. Arcnet and
3270 used BNC connectors. What's a TCNS?

My favorite gizmo was the passive hub. Huge amounts of cash for a
mysterious sealed box with 3 or more BNC connectors. I eventually
dissected one and was rather disappointed to find only a few
resistors.

I'm still not certain that AM/FM car antenna coax cable is RG-62/u. I
haven't found a suitable car antenna to compare with the boxes and
boxes of RG-62/u I have left over from ripping out Arcnet systems
(Lantastic) and replacing them RG-58a/u (Ethernet and Novell).

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D