Posted to sci.electronics.repair
baron baron is offline

Default One more antenna question: Antenna pitch?

Arfa Daily Inscribed thus:
I was actually referring to less-than-ideal reception
circumstances such as those the OP suggests that he may have, which
with an analogue signal, may well give perfectly acceptable results,
but with a digital signal might result in digital cliff pixellation
and freezing. Digital terrestrial TV signals are, in my experience
here in the UK, nothing like as robust, or easily received in many
transmission regions, as the government - whose primary interest lies
in how much money they can make by selling off large chunks of the UHF
TV band to cell phone operators - would have Joe public believe
through their hyped-up and often misleading media campaign directed at
the subject ...

Arfa

Well Said !
Yet another make the people pay Government scheme, among other things.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.