Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default drawer slide adjustment

Tom Watson wrote:
I went on Starrett's website and found that the most that they will
write up a Certificate of Accuracy for on a tape is +/- 1/32". They
also say on that website that whatever tool you use to measure with
should be capable of measuring to 1/10 of what your tolerance is. So,
if their best tape is only capable of +/- 1/32", then my tolerances
can't be any tighter than 5/16", which seems a tad generous to me for
cabinet work.

If you had a wall 25 feet long (length of tape measure) that had to be
filled with cabinets, wouldn't 5/16" over 25 feet be tight enough?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--