Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dimmer and not dimmer

In article ,
NT writes:
On Dec 2, 3:54*pm, Invisible Man wrote:
We have a double dimmer light switch in the lounge. Each presses to
toggle on and off and rotates to dim.

We want to continue to be able to dim one set of lights but replace the
others with brighter, cooler running CFLs that are not dimmable.

Can we just leave one gang turned fully up for the CFLs? Don't want to
cough up for dimmable CFLs.

Do light switches with 1 gang dimming and one gang just on and off exist?

Any other ideas? I suspect they are probably sealed units that might
disintegrate if I try to open one up to disconnect the dimmer bit and
solder a short circuit across it.

Roll on better LEDs.

Shouldnt be too hard to bridge the dimming bit. If any doubts, post a
pic for confirmation.

Often do it all by themselves, first time the bulb blows ;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel