Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Dimmer and not dimmer

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 15:54:44 +0000 someone who may be Invisible Man
wrote this:-

We want to continue to be able to dim one set of lights but replace the
others with brighter, cooler running CFLs that are not dimmable.

Can we just leave one gang turned fully up for the CFLs?

Probably. Though it depends on the exact construction.

Do light switches with 1 gang dimming and one gang just on and off exist?

They can be made up with grid components. IIRC MK and Crabtree have
dimmers in their grid systems.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54