Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Ice maker .......soft ice

Mark wrote:

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
I have been going to the hospital for IV treatments. The ice they
have is very soft.

Is there a way to convert the frezer ice maker to one of these or just
add a stand alone 15A plug in ice maker to the counter?

I would love to have one of these for my home.

I believe these machines aerate the water so it freezes faster, thus
resulting in softer ice. Is the ice more like pellets than cubes?

The ones on campus back in college were weird- they formed the ice
around tubes, and then somehow slid them off. The ice 'cubes' looked
like big short noodles, or chunks thereof. I never got to see the guts
of one of the machines, but the ice they made did have that 'soft'
consistency.

--
aem sends...