Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Oman Paul Oman is offline

Default choice of primers and paints

kansascats wrote:
On Dec 1, 2:51 pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Dec 1, 1:00 pm, kansascats wrote:

Looking for recommendations on primers and paints for:

home interior
home exterior
garage/shop

Now then.. for my shop/garage/office..
I bought a couple of gals of Kilz general purpose at WalMart. I also
have 3-4 gals of some Behr flat enamel leftover from another project
and a couple other leftovers I'm thinking to use (maybe paint a couple
different colors on the shop office walls).

CR recommends Behr mostly, but there is noise out there that BM or SW
is really a better paint.

I'm beginning to think that flat is the way to go. By the time it
really needs cleaned it can either be spot painted or is in need of a
full repaint.

use any 100% acrylic latex for all... That is the r&d cutting edge for
mass market paint. - any brand will work fine. Don't need to get too
nit-picky
paul oman/progressive epoxy polymers, inc.