Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default One more antenna question: Antenna pitch?

On Nov 30, 11:46*pm, mm wrote:
One more antenna question: Antenna pitch?

That is, my attic has a pitched roof and the antenna for channels 7 to
60 that I'm thinking of now is almost 13 feet long.

Yes, it matters; the main part of that long antenna is 'director'
elements, which create a kind of shadow on the active
dipole. The rays get past if you aren't roughly lined up with
the line-of-sight to the transmitter.

Also, such a long antenna has high 'gain' which means it
MUST be aimed carefully; how can you possibly adjust it
if it's bumping into the roof?