Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Brodbeck David Brodbeck is offline

Default Two phases to house - loss of neutral

D Yuniskis wrote:
I just love it when high powered R.F. disturbances trip those lovely
AGFCI and AFB units

RF as in *radiated* (not *conducted*)? Like someone keying
a transceiver nearby? How close do they have to be (i.e. does
this cause grief in actual *practice*)?

I had one that would trip on SSB voice peaks. The antenna was a
full-wave 28 MHz loop on the balcony. Power output was about 25 watts PEP.

It was mostly my fault. I had no station ground (2nd floor apartment),
and I was feeding the loop directly with coax, which is not a recipe for
a well matched or well balanced antenna setup. I probably had RF
conducting back on the shield and getting into everything, including the
power wiring.