Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Use of primitive tools

On Dec 1, 8:36*pm, Gerald Miller wrote:
On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 11:18:15 -0800 (PST), rangerssuck

wrote:

I guess you've never actually used one of these. The "safety opener"
cuts through the crimp, leaving a rounded edge on the can *AND* on the
lid. I have two, one manual and one electric.

The one I'm bitching about cuts below the crimp leaving a sharp egged
on the can. They are trying to take advantage of the one you mention
which semi seals the can when you replace the lid.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

I never saw one like that. Yes, that would be just stupid.

OTOH, I used a P38 a couple of weeks ago to open a #10 can of beans.
My wrist and fingers were screaming after that ordeal. Said P38 came
from my Dad's WWII dog tags. It's lived on my keychain for over 40
years.