Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Dobony Michael Dobony is offline

Default Taking apart a Mini-Maglite

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 15:54:38 -0600, zxcvbob wrote:

Jim wrote:
"zxcvbob" wrote in message
I just found the 3AA MiniMaglite that I thought I left in a motel room over
a year ago. (it was under the car seat) Two of the batteries leaked --
the ones closest to the lamp. The corrosion doesn't look bad. The bottom
battery just dropped out easily, and I was able to knock the middle battery
out by hitting the tailcap with a deadblow hammer, but the last one won't
budge. I don't see any way to take it apart from the lamp end. Any ideas?

I wonder if some penetrating oil would help?

Bob

The lamp end unscrews Bob

Are you sure about that? I unscrewed the reflector, but don't see
any way to remove the LED assembly. (I neglected to mention it's an
LED model, not incandescent, can't believe I left that out)

Thanks,
Bob

Factory removable only for the LED.