Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Obamas passport?

On Dec 1, 9:42*am, aarcuda69062 wrote:
In article ,

wrote:
On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 03:05:46 -0600, Neil Nelson
wrote:

In article ,
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Now I have two questions for you, Steve.

I'm not Steve but I'd like to answer those questions.

First, what other president has had
people from the opposing party demand to see his birth certificate?

Chester Arthur.
Chester A. Arthur was the 21st president of the United States, he took
office upon the death of James Garfield. *Arthur was Garfield's vice
president.
Section 1 of Article 2 of the constitution states; No person except a
natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of
the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of
President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall
not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen
Years a Resident within the United States."

Natural born citizen? *Chester Arthur was not a natural born citizen and
he knew it. *To be a natural born citizen he would have had to be born
of parents who were citizens of the United States, but his father who
was born in Ireland did not become naturalized until Chester was 14

years old. *Chester Arthur perpetuated his lie well enough and long
enough that it wasn't until much later that it was discovered that he
had usurped the office of the presidency. Historic accounts show that
Chester Arthur went to great lengths, even ordering all of his personal
papers to be burned (sounds familiar) and lying about the year he was
born in hopes that claiming to be one year younger would add
plausibility to whether his father had been in the U.S. long enough to
acquire citizenship.

Barack Obama's father was born in Kenya, to that there is no dispute,
there is also no dispute that at the time of Barack Jr. birth he was a
citizen of Kenya and a british subject. *Barack Sr. never sought nor did
he receive United States citizenship. *According to the constitution, it
takes both parents being citizens to convey natural born citizenship to
their offspring.

The second question is, if you doubt that Obama was born in Hawaii, WHY do
you doubt it?

Why would it matter which state he was born in? *His father was not a
U.S. citizen so he could not by any stretch of the imagination convey
natural born citizenship to his son who now occupies the White House.

The whole issue of the Hawaiian birth certificate is a rouse, a red
herring, the so called "birthers" are a ploy by those who strive to
dismantle the constitution to divert and deflect the real issue.

Again, it wouldn't matter if he was born on the lawn of the White House
with J. Edgar Hoover as witness, his father was a Kenyan national, was
NOT a U.S. citizen and could NOT convey natural born status to his son..

The largest crime since the inception of this country is being
perpetrated right under your noses, right now,and you all think that's
just dandy.

Am I a racist? *I might be, I voted for Obama.

Are you really, really sure of your facts here?

Yes. *You should be also.

that to be considered
a native born citizen of the United States you must be born to a man
and woman who are both citizens? You are sure? Really sure? Absolutely
sure?

Unfortunately you are wrong. The 14th amendment to the constitution
says, in the first paragraph that:

" 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject
to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of
the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law
which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life,
liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any
person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

It says that all persons born or naturalized in the United States and
subject to the jurisdiction of are CITIZENS of the United States.

IOWs, being born here merely conveys _citizenship_.

Being born here doesn't not automatically make one a _natural born
citizen_.

The phrase to which you refer gives equal status (citizen) to someone
who was born here -or- has been naturalized.

I can't understand how so many can so easily confuse the issue, it's
simple enough to understand.

Then again, I can't understand how someone who was convicted of
possession of crack cocaine could be elected to mayor of the city of
Washington D.C.

Our standards keep dropping...

Regards to you.

Exactly how would you define "natural born?"