Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sears Service & Repair (and now, vehicle batteries)

I had the same experience at BJ's Wholesale Club. The idiot
insisted he could help me by looking up the exact battery I
needed. I assured him he could not. He assured me he could.
I shouda wagered himn twenty bucks that the application
wasn't in his super computer.

Year? 1980.
Brand? Dodge.
Model? Van, B-200.
"Oh, it takes this battery...."
"That's the starting battery. I want the B-battery."
"???"
"The one that sits on the floor behind the drivers seat, and
provides power to the Redi-Line generator and charges
through a cable and switch on the dash."
"???"

This was in about 1995 or so, and coulda been a quick twenty
for me.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

Not a surprise. My experience was buying a battery for a
piece of equipment
at work.

I was looking at batteries in the auto store and measuring
them to find the
right one.

Salesman: No need to do that, we can look it up
I want to get the exact size
Salesman: We can find any battery
OK, its for a '59 Baker forklift
Salesman: What was the measurement you need?