Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Douglass Tim Douglass is offline

Default Old circular saw blades

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:48:41 -0600, Steve Turner
wrote:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Concerning sharpening, how do you know they're not worth it?

Oh, I'm pretty sure I know a POS blade when I see one. Do the brand names
"Vermont American" or "Credo" mean anything to you? Probably the best blade in
the bunch is a Delta Sidekick, and I'm not likely to spend the $10 or $15 it
would cost to sharpen $20 blade.

Just as an experiment, I once had a cheap (5$?) HF TS blade
resharpened. Cost me $12 to get it sharpened but it cut far better
after sharpening than it had when new. Still not exactly a WWII.

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com