Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do you cut cement board (hardy board)

How do you cut cement board (hardy board)

*I first used a scoring tool with poor results. Then I tried my angle
grinder with a masonry blade. It cut nicely, but dust was everywhere. I
then tried a diamond blade in my angle grinder with similar results. Then
used my little 3" battery powered Makita circular saw with a diamond blade
and had very little dust flying around.

Use a respirator when cutting this stuff.

A respirator is overkill - it's just a little dust, right? If you had
the little 3.375" Makita with the water drip bottle you wouldn't even
need the dust mask.

*I have the drip bottle, but that dust is so fine that I was not going to
push my luck.