Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default How do you cut cement board (hardy board)

On Nov 30, 6:30*pm, "John Grabowski" wrote:
How do you cut cement board (hardy board)

*I first used a scoring tool with poor results. *Then I tried my angle
grinder with a masonry blade. *It cut nicely, but dust was everywhere. *I
then tried a diamond blade in my angle grinder with similar results. *Then I
used my little 3" battery powered Makita circular saw with a diamond blade
and had very little dust flying around.

Use a respirator when cutting this stuff.

A respirator is overkill - it's just a little dust, right? If you had
the little 3.375" Makita with the water drip bottle you wouldn't even
need the dust mask.