Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default LED Christmas Lights

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:28:55 -0800, DerbyDad03 wrote:
"Know what you mean though, it's not quite the same"

So true...

It's no fun stealing those little mini-bulbs. They just don't *pop*
when they hit the sidewalk like the old C7's (or better yet, the C9's)
used to.

I don't know, I seem to remember a few decades ago connecting LEDs
directly across 9V batteries to see how far across the room I could get
the fragments to fly when they exploded. I think it's possible for folk to
amuse themselves in destroying pretty much anything :-)

(the bulb story's funny, though - triggered a memory of me aged ten
or so being allowed to wrap failed incandescents up in newspaper and
then smack them with a big hammer, just for the nice popping sound they
made as they broke!)

cheers

Jules