Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Vacuum Cleaner Recommendation?

utilitarian wrote in news:ffaffdce-f384-46d0-b159-
:

Hi,

To those of you who helped me diagnose my vacuum cleaner problem, of

But I have decided it's time for a new vac.

My Eureka Boss vacuum has finally worn out after about 10 years.
Motor bearings came apart and the local repair man says to junk it.
It was a cheap vac, only about $89, I think, but pretty good, to last
this long.

I can't find new Eureka like it. The Eurekas are are all bagless now,
apparently.

I'm looking for another vac, of any brand, to replace it. One that
has a bag, not these new bagless ones.

Any recommendations for a cheap but good vac, with bag ?

Thanks

I picked up an upright from the Sears parts/service store. My use is
light to medium. They had a bunch of refurbs, returns, discos, missing
accessories vacs on display. Some discounted very well. Mine marked down
from 250 to 150. Yea it's all plastic. $11 for 8 standard bags.