GTO69RA4

Default Unisaw restoration project: good idea or money pit?

Yeah, the demand for old single-phase motors definitely seems to have
outpaced supply. I had hoped someone here would know where I could
find one--without that happening, I probably won't buy the saw.
There's always the phase-conversion option, but that's a pretty
expensive way to go.

The very fact that no one wants three-phase motors makes phase convertors dirt
cheap. Get an old, large 3-phase motor and a pile of capacitors. Do some
reading, make some calculations, throw everything in a bag and shake it and
you've got a convertor. Well, maybe not quite like that, but it is easy. You
can get a motor for scrap value and the rest of the parts for a few bucks. Then
start collecting underpriced industrial machinery.

GTO(John)