Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Clarke Shear Break Roll 30" Sheetmetal Machine Brake 3in1 Grizzly HF

You're right, DoN.. the common usage for these types of machines is brake.
I tend to think of the forming procedure as breaking/interrupting a flat
plane (instead of braking/stopping a flat plane).

Break
Prediction for Chinese equipment.
A sudden or marked change.
To change direction or discontinue.
To give way.
To part the surface of.
To divide into pieces, as by bending.

Brake
A machine for bending and folding sheet metal.
A lever or handle on a machine.
A variant of break.

Engine or motor?
Tomato or ketchup?

--
WB
metalworking projects

On 2009-11-27, Wild_Bill wrote:

I expect to try various materials placed in the break V to see how they
affect the bend radius. I recall a break (Nick M, maybe), that used
urethane
in the V.

Note that the Di-Acro downloaded manuals for machines with this
function call it "Brake" not "Break". In particular, I am looking at
the front page for the Di-Acro "Number 24 & 36 Finger Brakes".

So -- I would not want one which preferred to "break". :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564