Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-Rejecting fiat currencies

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 01:29:32 -0600, cavelamb
wrote:

azotic wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
azotic wrote:
The gold story - essentially - is that the rising economic powers of
Asia, the Middle East, and the commodity bloc are rejecting Western fiat
currencies. China, India, and Russia have all been buying gold on a large
scale over recent months.
Why should that stop when the AAA club of sovereign debtors is pushing
towards the danger threshold of 100pc of GDP?

Just touching $1200 an ounce today!

Seems some people would rather own gold instead of script.

Best Regards
Tom.

I still think it's a fools game.

You can't eat gold (or script).

But ammo and MREs aren't going to keep the ladies happy.
Better lay in a 12 year supply of Charmin too!

But with Gold..you can purchase enough ammo and buttwipe to keep
everyone at bay..or happy..or both.

And if you had bought gold 5 yrs ago...you just made about 400% in
profit.

Not bad..not bad at all.

Damned shame that I..the son of a jeweler..sold all my gold years ago.

Damnit.

But..the kid needed that kidney removed and there wasnt any other
option.

Shrug

Gunner

"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster

Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton