Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Michael Kenefick Michael Kenefick is offline

Default off topic question

I think it depends on the state. Ohio wants on-line retailers to
collect tax, no matter their location. If they do not then Ohio has a
place on the annual tax form where they want you to declare what you
bought W/O paying tax. I heard Ohio will check retailers records with
the tax payer records.

Mike in Ohio

bumhead wrote:
My wife and I order online from various places.
We order gifts for us or family and friends.
I order woodworking stuff, pen blanks, etc.
She orders clothes, sewing supplies, etc.

Recently we ordered something and was charged sales tax.
I looked back at several of our other orders and none of them had
sales tax. All had shipping and handling unless it was a promotional
special with free shipping.......but none of them had sales tax.

I thought this was one of the things the states were complaining about
that they were losing sales tax on online orders.

Anyone know what is the law on this?

George (aka Bumhead)