Posted to alt.home.repair
Zootal[_6_] Zootal[_6_] is offline

Default Ryobi tools (and rebate failure)

I send the rebate in 2-3 weeks before deadline. A couple months later the
rebate company sends my rebate form back saying the rebate claim form
arrived too late. Never mind that that postmark on the envelope clearly
showed it arriving on time. I went to Home Depot and complained, and the
lady there picked up the phone and called the rebate company asking wtf?
They (home depot people) then made copies of everything and resubmitted the
rebate for me. Home Depot gets an A+ for customer service, the rebate
company should get fired. I figured they just randomly reject rebates,
saying that they were late entries, and pocket the rebate money they should
have paid out to the customer.

A couple of months later a get a rebate check for one dollar, not the entire
rebate amount. At that point I give up, vowing never again to buy anything
that has a rebate. It just isn't worth it.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Same deal. Radio Shack cell phone.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Zootal" wrote in message

I'll never buy another Ryobi tool that has a rebate.