Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default Two-pronged vs. stebcentres

jeez guys - THINK..... don't destroy a tool - you want a two pronged drive,
just make one - an old faceplate, two sharpened bolts and off you go - or,
if you don't like that, a piece of steel on edge welded to a nut, sharpen
the edge and off you go.

(and if you can't weld, you know how to find me - I could make those too)

"Michael Koblic" wrote in message
tpurhrt wrote:
Don't grind your 4-prong center.
They're readily available from online suppliers.
Craft Supply (http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/store/catalog?Args=)
has one for about $25. Item # 155-6202.

Sadly, with the shipping from US it is cheaper to grind :-)
As it happens I did not need to do it, I was able to square the ends to
the point where the existing 4-prong worked fine.