Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Ice maker .......soft ice

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
I have been going to the hospital for IV treatments. The ice they
have is very soft.

Is there a way to convert the frezer ice maker to one of these or just
add a stand alone 15A plug in ice maker to the counter?

I would love to have one of these for my home.

Are you talking about the ice packs in a bag? That is not soft ice, it is a
frozen gel material, not just water. The jell come sin different varieties;
some freeze hard, others are flexible, depending on the chemical mix and
intended use. The ice packs are often used for shipping food items and
pharmaceuticals because they don't leak like melted ice and are accepted for
air shipments..