Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Safety lites on gar. door opener

Willie The Wimp wrote:
This potentially bears on code requirements, part of my original query.

"flagged by the home inspector"? As a code violation? You don't have
any references to such, do you?

You're just rattling stuff off for no substantial reason, aren't ya? Eh?? Eh???

No, it's not a code violation to have an old door opener w/o reversing
lights any more than having ungrounded wiring is in existing dwelling.
It was compliant at the time of installation. It _possibly_ would get
noted on an inspection as an item; it couldn't be a defect, only a
condition.

W/ a new opener that has provision for them but not installed your
logical choice would be to go ahead and rig 'em up before
listing/showing the property.

hallerb is basically just that kind of poster -- he's had every bad
experience known to man or has a friend that has had (or is getting to
have if not just yet) and any and every possible hangnail is reason for
the insurance company to refuse your claim and cancel your insurance and
there's no end to it...

It's why I threw in the thing about FPE upthread...