Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing a broken self tapper

In article ,
Dave wrote:
I'd say there's a very real chance of breaking a small tungsten carbide
used hand held.

Only if it is used in a pistol grip power drill. I also make PCB's but I
use HSS steel drill bits in a 12 Volt mini drill. (I have no problem
with regrinding them at this diam.). It has a body of about 35mm diam,
that contains the DC motor, with a very small chuck at the end.

Well yes. I have a similar one. And if drilling the odd PCB hole with that
I too use HSS drills. Because the tungsten carbide ones break too easily.
So I only use them in the drill press.

--
*A snooze button is a poor substitute for no alarm clock at all *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.