Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default Safety lites on gar. door opener

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 07:51:25 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Nov 29, 4:49*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Ashton Crusher wrote:

Why not make them serve double duty, or 1.5 duty. *What I do is
install them at bumper height instead of way down 6" off the ground.
Then I can't *close the garage door and hit the car's bumper and
scratch it if it's not in all the way. *I like to only put my cars in
just barely enough to clear the door so I maximize the room in front
of them.

I recommend the high-tech solution of a hanging tennis ball.

I think you can get the kit, complete with ball, thumb tack, and string, at
Best Buy for $9.95.

Hmmm...I wonder if one can get a second set. My wife is disabled and
I have to park with the car backed in with the trunk in the door to
pick her up. Wife has absentmindedly closed the door on the trunk
lid.

Harry K

If you get a whole bunch of little mirrors and aim them all
properly......