Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Question about heat loss to environment?

On Nov 29, 11:16*am, terry wrote:

BTW yesterday, Nov 29th, in this somewhat northern location, the
outside temp. was so warm (and virtually no wind either) that in the
morning we forgot to turn up the electric heat thermostats in the main
part of the house (kitchen/family room etc.) from their overnight
setting. Only noticed on way to bed around midnight!
Nevertheless the house stayed warm enough with the normal wastage/loss
of heat from a few lightbulbs, a bit of cooking, using the kettle to
make tea etc.
Thinking back the some 50 years or so, living here, we 'normally'
would have had snow by now!
Just what is happening?
Must consider the use of a programmable thermostat some time!