Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Use of primitive tools

And, what happens when we invade a country which uses cans?
Troops run out of MRE and starve to death surrounded by
captured warehouse of canned food?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Michael Koblic" wrote in message

I understand that the current form of rations (MREs?) do not
contain cans
and, as someone pointed out, rightly so: They have other
things to worry
about. However, the rub of that argument is that
overdependence on issue
rations may not be a good thing in the "fog of war"
situation. The extreme
is to say that if not issued with MREs the troops would
starve. The opposite
of that is the Russian guerilla cavalry in WW2 who generally
managed with a
bagful of vegetables scrounged off the land for 3 weeks at a
time.

Many have commented on the possible reason of this state of
affairs and
there is probably a bit of truth in all of them. I just
could not get away
from explaining how single young men survive without opening
cans. Then it
came to me: Take-out meals!

--
Michael Koblic