Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Brandt Rick Brandt is offline

Default Safety lites on gar. door opener

HeyBub wrote:

Ashton Crusher wrote:

Why not make them serve double duty, or 1.5 duty. What I do is
install them at bumper height instead of way down 6" off the ground.
Then I can't close the garage door and hit the car's bumper and
scratch it if it's not in all the way. I like to only put my cars in
just barely enough to clear the door so I maximize the room in front
of them.

I recommend the high-tech solution of a hanging tennis ball.

I think you can get the kit, complete with ball, thumb tack, and string,
at Best Buy for $9.95.

I always hear this suggestion, but who wants tennis balls hanging down in
the middle of their garage?