Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Joe Chisolm[_2_] Joe Chisolm[_2_] is offline

Default Meat Thermometers

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 21:18:34 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 21:58:06 -0600, Joe Chisolm
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 14:11:50 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone have a brand of meat thermometer (probe with display external
to oven) that lasts more than one turkey season?

Seems to be something about the probes getting corrupted.

Maybe roll your own?

...Jim Thompson

check out Sur La Table. You can get a good one there. Pricey but they
last. Closest one to you is probably Ray Road. We always went to the
one in Kierland and there is one at Fashion Square on Camelback and SDL
road.

Yep. At Ray Road is also AJ's Fine Foods ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I do miss AJ's. Good news is a French chef opened up a shop here.
Dont know what possessed him to hop the pond and pick Marble Falls,
TX but I'm glad he did. The breads and soups are excellent. Life is
good, I can have a big egg/sausage/bacon breakfast burrito one day
and a ham/cheese/mushroom croissant the next.

--
Joe Chisolm
Marble Falls, Tx.