Posted to alt.home.repair
Ty Govno Ty Govno is offline

Default What can I get out of Pella?

Joe wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message
On Nov 27, 9:22 pm, aemeijers wrote:
Good example of why, even when you know how to take the measurements
yourself, and having the 'authorized rep' come take them will add a
couple days to the project, it is still best to let them take them. That
way, if there is a screwup, it is on their dime, not yours.

I was more interested in how he was not inconvenienced and was making
up **** about staying at a hotel due to a hole in the house when the
old window wasn't even removed. Making up bull**** and then asking
people on the intertubes to help him figure out the best way to scam
the window company is a new low.

-------

+1

jc

Why do you have it in for the original poster - he had explained that
the hotel stay happened the night before the project was supposed to
take place. Your self-righteousness is off-putting. To the OP: Pella
screwed up. It happens with second tier companies. I've dealt with
plenty of incompetent Pella people before - you have to stay on top of
them. It caused you grief and financial loss. It an ideal world, when an
honest mistake causes financial loss the two parties go 50/50. It won't
happen in this case so go for 25% of the price of the window. That's the
best I've been able to get out of them in the past. And I don't need to
tell you to ignore the pricks in this group.